Monday, April 19, 2010

Response to Austin's fake vs. real food.

Austin talked about in his post about eating fake mashed potatoes. Claiming that at one point he would eat potatoes quite frequently being in college is when he switched to fake potatoes. Not because fake potatoes are better but simply because it is much easier being in college and cooking fake potatoes.
I have to agree with Austin entirely in his blog about fake potatoes. I was once like him, while I preferred the real mashed potatoes because they just had a bit better consistency, fake potatoes were pretty close to the real thing and that satisfied me enough. Austin talks about how using fake potatoes is just much more convenient than having to peel, boil and mash actual potatoes and real potatoes don't even give a greater nutritional advantage. This also makes me sad because I always hoped the potato was rich in vitamins and minerals since it is one of the most eaten vegetables.
All of the easiness put aside I would still rather have the real potatoes because you can leave the bits of skin in the potatoes making them even more delicious because they add a little more flavor and substance to the potatoes. All in all fake or real mashed potatoes are delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment