Friday, March 5, 2010

Response to Tom's blog "He endorses What?"

Tom's post talked about how Ozzy Osbourne, the Prince of Darkness, actually did commercials for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Tom said it was well done and possibly helped I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to sell more to the public just because Ozzy Osbourne was selling it on T.V.
After reading th post I was thinking to myself "No way could Ozzy Osbourne possibly be respected after doing a I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercial" I've always had contempt for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, most likely because I love real butter, and I've never really liked Ozzy Osbourne's commercials all that much. Then I watched the commercial that Tom provided a link for and I completely changed my mind. This commercial was extremely well done and played into Ozzy's drug persona well and actually made me want to try I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on my next piece of toast.
Tom's other link proved entertaining if to say the least. The man talked more about I Can't Believe It's Not Butter than Ozzy Osbourne but, he did agree with both Tom and me about how this was a very effective commercial probably to all just because of Ozzy Osbourne. Whether or not Ozzy Osbourne has the expertise really wasn't picked at, although spreading margarine isn't fairly difficult at all so Ozzy might as well have had I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
All in all this was a very well done blog and really caught and kept my attention. It could have gone into more detail (I'm thinking now that Tom may have not finished it yet, oh well) but even so it still hits the nail on the head and kept me interested for far longer than I thought any student blog would.

No comments:

Post a Comment