Thursday, March 25, 2010

Analysis of a celebrity endorsement

While preparing myself to do this blog self I decided to watch some T.V. first when the Snickers commercial came on containing Betty White and I thought to myself perfect. The commercial contains a young man (portrayed by Betty White) who is playing a game of football with his buddies. After getting tackled he is said to be playing like Betty White until he eats a Snickers bar and turns into his normal self. The ad then ends with the saying "You're not you when you're hungry!"
In my opinion I think that Betty White may not have all the expertise to endorse Snickers but it was still very amusing. I think a child would be more of an expert on candy but then again how would one describe someone as being an expert in candy? I think overall it was a successful commercial because it did what a good commercial does, grab your attention and show it's product in an everyday situation. Now since Snickers is a candy bar it comes down entirely to the taste of the candy and whether or not you like chocolate, peanuts and caramel with nougat.
Like I said before this ad was quite successful and I actually found some evidence on how successful. I found a link that states that it was voted in the most like ad of the entire Superbowl, a very prestigious award if I do say so myself. All in all this commercial was amusing and admirable and it's great to see Betty White back on the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment